I’m fresh out of adventures to share today. Some year at this time I’ll write about the US Open, but I’d like to go again before I do since mostly what I can tell you about the time I went a few years ago is that my friend and I watched nine hours of tennis and all of it was awesome. When I get to go again, I’ll come up with something more interesting to say.
In the meantime, I’m going to steal a post idea from one of my favorite blogs. Erin over at Reading my Tea Leaves does a “My Week in Objects” series, which is always fun. Riffing on that, I’m giving you “Five Things that Made Me Smile This Week”. If this becomes a regular thing, it will need a less clunky title – suggestions are welcome.
1. I made too much pasta for dinner last night, but I hadn’t had this spiraly kind before and it was delicious and filling. I also love this yellow bowl.
2. When I went to my friend’s birthday party a week and a half ago, she told us each to take home one of these tiny plants her neighbor had given her. I haven’t killed mine yet! It needs a more permanent spot eventually because it can’t live on the radiator come winter, but right now it gets a decent amount of light there. I have no idea what it is.
3. Earlier this summer I fed my friend’s fish while she was off being a Harry Potter nerd at Leaky Con. She brought me back the best thank you note I have ever received, currently living next to my TV in a place of honor. If someone wants to send me a note in a red envelope, I will totally swap it in and pretend I received a Howler.
4. Long before that tiny plant came along, I gave my apartment some greenery with these paper flowers I made from a kit last summer. They don’t require any watering and they’ve made me happy for over a year now.
5. The sky outside my window last night was stunning. I fixed the contrast on the other photos to make them a little nicer, but this one is all Mother Nature.
What about you guys? Anything catch your eye this week?